So last week, the lovely Chelsey kindly nominated me for a Versatile Blogger award. As the recipient of this award I am asked to share 7 facts you may not know about me.
So I gave it some thought and here is what I came up with:
1) I was a high school cheerleader and I am not the least bit ashamed of it. My 4 years on the team were memorable, fun, and all-around amazing. We had a great group of girls that respected and pushed each other to achieve success. Before you ask, yes I was the “girl they threw in the air” otherwise known as a “top”. Here’s a pic of me and a teammate Jenn, I believe this was provincials in grade 11 (I’m on the right).
Oh and before you even attempt that “it’s not even a sport” crap, let me just say that team whipped my butt into major shape! We would train 10 hours a week, more if we had a competition coming up and we were in better shape than our football team! I even had a six pack and I’m not talking about beer 😉
2) I have metal plates in my arm. I broke my arm when I was 15 (in cheerleading) and because I broke both bones in my forearm, the doctor needed to put in metal plates and screws for support. No, I do not set off airport alarms.
3) I am shamelessly completely addicted to pickles! I LOVE salty/tangy foods and pickles just fit the bill for me. I will find any excuse to incorporate them into recipes. These are a dangerous item for me to stock in my pantry on a regular basis.
4) I can sew and not just pillow cases. Yes, call me Martha, but I don’t care. Sewing allows you save serious $$ on things like:
– Prom dresses
– Throw pillows
– Napkins and placemats
I’m actually planning a fun sewing project/giveaway this fall so keep your eyes peeled 🙂
5) I used to be a smoker. I’m not the least bit proud of this, but what I am proud of is the fact that I QUIT cold turkey just over 2 years ago. CK was very instrumental in helping me make this decision. The statement: “Well, if you keep smoking, then I just won’t kiss you anymore” can be pretty effective. Well, it is if you love the person you’re kissing.
6) I don’t want to be in marketing forever. SHOCK! I know. I’m sure you’re floored by this statement especially with my workaholic tendencies. The truth of the matter is I’ve harbored a secret desire to own day open up my own café. Hopefully this will happen before I’m 35, 10 ½ more years to go!
7) I don’t like Tim Horton’s coffee. Canadians reading this just dropped their mugs; everyone else is scratching their heads and searching on Google, trying to figure out what Tim Horton’s is. It’s our answer to Dunkin Donuts and, in true Canadian fashion, was started by NHL player, Tim Horton. I drink my coffee black, so by not masking the taste with milk and sugar, I can’t have burnt or really strong, bitter coffee. I need mild and flavourful. Tim’s hasn’t gotten my message yet.
Ok, now here’s my real confession. As the recipient of this award, I’m supposed to nominate 15 other bloggers. Now for most people, that ain’t a problem for me it kind of is for two big reasons.
1) I don’t know 15 bloggers, look at my blogroll, and while I admire these people a great deal, I don’t necessarily “converse” with them on a regular basis, mainly because I’m shy
2) I’m very shy in the blogger community and have a hard time “putting myself out there”. I don’t mind writing my thoughts and recipes on here, but I do have a hard time reaching out to other bloggers and readers : S
Those reasons taken into consideration, I don’t feel 100% comfortable nominating other bloggers. NOT because I don’t think they deserve it, but because they’ve either already been nominated or I’m too chicken to nominate them. I know that sounds silly, but that’s just how I roll these days. I hope you can forgive me?
I do promise that as I become more immersed in the food-blogger community (a goal of mine actually) that I WILL nominate bloggers who deserve this award. Deal?
Question for Bloggers: have you ever experienced these fears? How did you get over them?
Question for Non-Bloggers/readers: tell me 7 things I don’t know about you!